Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Project Experience in Cognizant

At the end of Training, We didn’t have any idea where we are gonna be put. All were looking at our faces when we were called for the Austin room, TCO. Till that time we didn’t have any pressure and we were having heart in our mouth when they started to read the names to be allotted to a specific project.

In our Training Time, I, Parthiban and Nirmall will be roaming as a gang. We used to go everywhere as a gang. I and Parthi were put into AT&T. But Nirmall was separated and he was put into France telecom. Only 9 persons out of 30 were selected into AT&T. But to our surprise only we had the personal interview with the managers. Others didn’t have that kind of interviews. We almost had interviews till the end of the evening on March 1st. In AT&T selected persons were:

1.Ravishankar R
2.Parthiban P(Parthi)
3.Ramya (Rams, Mummy)
4.Bhanu Siva Prasad ( Intelligent of the lot )
5.Suresh (Kido)
6.Shivani ( Married now in Australia )

Also 3 got selected in C-beyond which was in our bay itself

1.Manoj (Chotu)
2.Prasad (Paddy)
3.Poornima (Poori)

I was put into Infra Team in my project which didn’t have so many coding to be done along with Bhanu. We had a very good team in which I and Junes were Tamilians. In the beginning I and Bhanu were assigned some coding to be developed as a value add. Because of bhanu’s hard work and dedication we were able to complete it. So he was changed to Dev team whereas I remained in Infra team as I liked admin kind of work a lot  Also I had some valuable members as my seniors who helped me a lot. They were helping me a lot and made me into a perfect team member at that juncture of my life. My team members were Rama, Vikas, Sumith, Vinod, Junes and the captain of all Suriya. The team was led well by Ram.

We had gone for Team lunch within and whole team as well. We went to bassera, Malgudi days and Asiana too. Also we will have fun at telecom once in a fortnight which will be rocked by our APM E.Saravanan, Jey and Subbu  We also went to MGM resort and went to Dasavatharam film in Mayajaal. The biggest of them was, we went to Cricket match in IPL 1. CSK vs. KKR and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment. We enjoyed as a family and had a great time in MAC stadium.

All the enjoyment was compounded with work too. I had to come in weekends and work too. But all was fun and the team was terrific. At the month September I was asked to code in a particular tool. I got ready for my assignment. I was helped immensely by K. Saravanan, one of the seniors in my project. But unfortunately I was not able to complete the tool although I tried my best for completing the tool. I was very disappointed but had a great learning experience and courage to do things in a correct manner.

After the first debacle I was mentally strong. I was assigned for creating Birthday mailer (Automated) to all telecom associates. I did that with the help of my seniors but it gave me a lot of satisfaction. But the biggest jolt came on December 12th when I was released from the project. I was very disappointed as I had done all things right in my project but as I was not billable I was to moved to bench

Before I got released Manoj, Parthi got released and went to a different project. When I thought I was a bit secure I got released. Hmmm that’s life  all things happen in life for good only  I was trying so hard for another project. It was recession time and we need to in project in order to be secure.

At that time Tharak (Testing Team AT&T) provided me an opportunity and referred to his friend’s project (BINGO T-Mobile). I went through one interview and I cleared that and got selected in that project. It was a proposal for a 3 year and we had a great team with many associates and I was youngest of the lot (not by appearance though) It was a nice experience for me as it was from scratch. We used to do all the documents and also Class diagrams and others will be done by us. I was given the burden of doing one module. I was so happy that they had belief in me and given me a huge job.

As the belief in you increases, you tend to reciprocate it with your best effort. I worked so hard and we had sent some prototype to client which was also accepted. We had a wonderful 3 months of time. It was tiresome effort that we put in but reap of the effort was so good. I had learnt a lot in that project. It had some outstanding people like Meera, Kavitha, Chithra, Sundar, Niranjan, CD Saravanan, etc. All these guys helped me in the life to get my confidence to a fullest level. I must thank them as I became a complete person in that project because of the faith they had in me. But to our bad time the project was put on hold and the account was closed

Then my Third Project, Health Net one of the best projects I have worked on. The team mates were awesome and very helpful. I learnt a lot in this project. From Java my life took a deep turn into Business objects and learnt some new stuff. First 3 month I had the torrid time as I worked for 15 hrs a day daily. We worked and prepared the prototype and also delivered it to customer. When I came first to MEPZ I felt very lonely and I will be eating alone and going alone for breaks. So was feeling that I can get a friend. Then Jayashree came to MEPZ and I started with her teammates. Then Nirmall and Parthi came. So we had wonderful time back again in MEPZ after Siruseri

Then I got closer with my teammates and all people went with their teammates to lunch. I too started to go with mine. It was a very good team. All were helpful and very nice. But we used to work long hours in office. But with a team like this you won’t feel staying late in company. I learnt many things from my teammates.

We also went to Kodaikanal for an outing. We had a nice time. Enjoyed the tour fully, Sang, danced all the way  also we went to our colleague’s marriage in Salem. We had very good time. I wish more good things should happen to me in future

Thanks for all the Persons who made my life beautiful in this Company So far.I might have missed some people. Don’t be disheartened, it’s my memory loss.. But will not forget you all in my life

5 comments:

  1. Hi da,

    Nice to read through your experiences. God always gives us what we need rather than what we want.....

    Cheers man..... Happy blogging.

    Gowri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one buddy..a glimpse into your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read & thanks for including my name as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello senior,
    i was selected to cognizant last month,then i had little fear about working environment,after reading ur post of project experiance,now i feel happy and loss my fear..kk bye

    ReplyDelete


Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License