Friday, June 24, 2011

Mindtree (July 2010-11)

On the verge of completing my One year tenure with Mindtree, I am happy that I have made a good decision :) :) I am also a believer that regretting over a bad decision doesn’t make it good. You can see my first 6 months in Mindtree in:

http://ravis-ravishankar.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-transition-from-cts-to-mindtree.html

November 1st to December 31st

I had a great time in my first project and learned many things. My lead was instrumental in making me strong in Business Objects Concepts. At the mid of November, I received a jolt. My lead resigned and I was told to take all the responsibilities of the Project. At first I was not confident of doing it. But somehow managed the meetings and tried myself to be confident as much as possible.

My confidence level gained higher as more meetings I attended. I was confident speaking to the customer and getting the inputs, providing solutions for it. So the life was back to hectic phase as I used to be in Cognizant. I was happy with the development and we completed UAT for the project after some minor hiccups :) :)

I was very happy about the developments I was having on my career. Confidence level was boosted and I was ready to take up any challenge after the problems I faced in my first project. I got some help from former lead and a Person who was consultant in Mindtree. They helped me in all the roadblocks I faced and made me stronger in my career front. After UAT I was put up into different Project and I was working for Previous Project at the same time (Solving UAT Issues).


January 1st to Now………………

From January I was allocated into a new project and it was a 4 member team. It was project in which I need to solve the issues and also be responsible for the stuff which I do. I got some client exposure in the project. The work was not so pressurized but the way of communication increased and my confidence level increased further. Till now I am in the same project and enjoying the work. Hope this continues till the rest of my life :) :) I was about to tell about Enjoyment in work :) :P

In the meantime, I went to Wayanad with my friends. One of my Best friends got engaged. Some of my friends in previous organization got promoted. It was all good things galore so far. Also started playing cricket after a while :) :) Life was at the best phase since I joined cognizant as a fresher. The most important thing here in Mindtree is I am able to maintain my work life balance. My Home loan has been approved and all things are happening well. Let the good things continue their fall on me :) :) also on others :):)


The Way of satisfying yourselves is to have low expectation. Expectation always hurts. So I made my mind to expect less and I am happy nowadays because of it. The way to be happy is to make others happy and expecting it back :) :P :) this is the mantra I learned after I came out of CTS. Also we should not expect a lot of others when we are not satisfied within us :) :)

As I said in my previous post, TSA is a good initiative which I liked a lot in Mindtree. I participated in most of their trips to orphanage and old age home. Also they gave new dresses to the children which were a nice gesture. It was one pleasing moment. Also Osmosis-Tech work was held in the concern where some of the minds presented some impressive work on the technology front.

So far in this one year I have enjoyed every bit in Mindtree. Hope it remains the same in the future :) :) so let’s see how the future panes out for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping for the same to follow for the rest of my life :) :)

7 comments:

  1. All the best...wish that Mindtree continues being good to you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats machi. keep rocking... let all the success comes behind u....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one.... Wishing U a good career in MT furthur

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chithra,Siva,Badri: Thanks :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ravi,

    Good that you are happy and enjoying the change :):)

    Congrats..

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the best
    nice post inspirational

    ReplyDelete


Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License