Saturday, June 5, 2010

POST-PHEONIX



Post-Phoenix:

In July 2007 my friends wanted to form a new team and we name it as “PHOENIX”- Rising from the Ashes. I had to cut the terms with Nagar Friends since my friends formed a new team and I am integral part of it. We played our first tournament in July 2007. We had some real easy opponent in our first outing, as per the name. But it was comedy of errors which followed. We needed just 49 of 8 over’s and we got to horrible start much to our team's fury... We were 11 for 6 at one point. Then I had a good partnership with sati and we got forward to 36/7 and then there chaos and we won in the last ball with brilliant running by Divakar saved us from blushes.

Next match was Semifinals and we had it against Nagar Friends, My previous team. They scored 93 of 12 over’s. We were bit sad about our bowling performance but it was all overturned by a whirlwind batting performance from Arvind. It was a great innings from him which really motivated us and we beat them by 6 wickets. In our first attempt in a tournament we went to finals and we played Champions in finals. They scored just 52 in 10 over’s but to our bad luck we lost by 5 runs in the finals. We may call them as we choked in the final but I was not able to finish it off which I should’ve done.

After Post Phoenix there was change in me. I was not a real attacking batsman as I was earlier.....I played as wall and tried to keep my wicket intact so that people around me will hit the boundaries. So it was a different kind of environment for me. Still I played some shots but not attacking as I did earlier with the previous team. But I liked it more as it made my cricketing life fulfilled as I was able to my technical side perfect. We were happy that we reached new heights in our first tournament itself and the burden of expectation was upon us from the start itself .....




Lets see the other important moments of my life with PHOENIX in the forthcoming posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License